Tuesday, February 20, 2007

And so it goes on...

yes, the never-ending cycle that is work and no play, the ever persistant presence of the tired eyes, the bags that reach my knees (bags from my eyes lads, bags from my eyes!!!). I don't know how much longer I can do this to be honest but I guess I had better wait until my parents come to visit in the next 6 weeks or so. I am looking forward to that, it should be fun seeing their faces and observe them look on in awe and wonder. I will enjoy that.

Well, the last couple of weeks have been pretty heavy on the work-side and quiet on all other fronts. A bit of birding the weekend before was good. I was guiding a visiting British birder from Tokyo around the parks of Osaka in search of JP and life ticks for him. We had a 75% success rate so that was good. He enjoyed himself and the company was thoroughly enjoyable. I of course slept out on the Monday when Neil and I were due to go back to the find the Oystercatchers so I woke up and screamed in frustration at my inability to hear my alarm clock. I guess I needed the sleep. I went out birding locally anyway and came home to watch some movies and generally chill out. I ended up sleeping for most of the day...I think my body is trying to tell me something!!!

I have seen some class movies lately. Namely "Lucky Number Slevin", "Scoop", "The Departed", "The Illusionist", and "The Black Dahlia". I recommend people should go and see them. I can't wait to see the "The Last King of Scotland" with Forrest Whittaker as Idi Amin. The reviews have been awesome. I also watched "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" which got my wind up and as those of you who know me well can only imagine what I was feeling as I was watching that...fecking Black and Tans, murderous pigs. Anyway, enough of all that. Oh by the way, if anyone is interested in seeing a politician in new light, or rather an ex-politician, watch "An Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore...excellent and frightening all at the same time....

The world appears to be going mad, Baghdad is like Beirut about 20 years ago at the height of the kidnappings and car bombs. The US of Anarchy wants to put even more troops into Iraq to ease the transition...bollix. When are they going to wake up and realize that they are better off putting the money into better things like research into renewable and clean energy!!!! The sooner that gimp gets out of power and somebody decent (hahaha, yeah I know, I laughed aswell) gets in with a bit of commen sense and decency, the better.

Well, I have no more energy to write anything interesting. I was hoping to post up about the Chinese New Year festival that was held in Kobe on Sunday, accompanied by breathtaking photographs but the weather forecast was bad so I didn't go. Of course, the weather turned out to be really nice in the afternoon and the place was supposed to have been mad. Whaddaya goin to do...

Carmo's Diet: This week I have mostly been eating mexican

Carmo's Birds: not to give too much away....Long-billed Dowitcher, Spotted Redshank and Penduline tit the picks...JP 295

Carmo's Birds for Byrdy: Jessica Biel

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

$71.27

February 21, 2007 7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey fella - good to hear more news - you really should stop watching so much telly and go and do more birding!

February 21, 2007 11:24 PM  
Blogger Stuart Price said...

"The Last king of Scotland" is pretty good-I downloaded it last week. No chance this movie will EVER make it to a cinema in Hakodate. Not a big Ken Loach fan mind you. That movie may have got my back up too but for slightly different reasons (amazingly it did play here for a week though).

One of the folks I teach went to see it and confronted me about those nasty nasty English savages. I said yes yes I know it's just like what those Japanese did to the Ainu here in Hokkaido. You can laugh at the modern English when Ireland beat them on Saturday in the 6 Nations.

February 22, 2007 12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey fella - not to give too much away (as you put it) but i cracked and twitched de bufflehead in clare today - let's just say you is now only 1 ahead and there's a blak duk in kerry - i'll keep ya posted!!

February 23, 2007 2:46 AM  
Blogger Harry said...

Hi Col,
Go for the Derry Caspo instead of the Black Duck...the fact that I need the former and not the latter has nothing to do with that suggestion....
H

February 23, 2007 10:17 PM  
Blogger Carmo said...

col...just one word...langer

H, great to see you mate, how's it going. been keepin an eye on yur ol' blog. Keep up the photos...

Col...langer

February 24, 2007 12:32 AM  
Blogger Minnsy said...

Hey Fella

It has been too long since I read your blog and admired all the good birds you have been seeing.

Just got back from a two month soujorn in the UK where R and R were the order of the day..and anyway didn't have any money to be gadding about after rarities..so had to grin and bear the fact that I missed three lifers - Ivory Gull, Penduline tit and American Robin, as well as a British first in the shape of a Pacific Diver.

I was compensated with a British first for me..totally jammed an American Wigeon on a visit to Buckenham and Strumpshaw with my non-birding brothers, but couldn't avoid the deluge from the heavens!

Also had some other goodies while back all self found - Red-crested Pochard, Smew, Med Gull, Bittern, Spoonbill, G N Diver, Slav Grebe and lots of commoner stuff.

A little side trip to Spain also produced more goodies - Bonelli's Eagle, Booted Eagle, Serin, Sardinian Warbler, Crag Martin, Crested Lark, Greater Flamingo, Sleder-billed Gull, and Little Gull among others..but not the Moustached Warbler and Penduline Tits I had hoped for. Imagine if I had had the money and time to bird properly!

Anyway looks like a good run you have been having in Osaka in winter..got a couple more species over me for Jappers. Wish I could afford the trip up for that Sparrow..

I'm gonna post on Kantori shortly about what is about down our way and update me blog..as have a bit of time on me hands of late.

Also gonna be writing up that report for that Blunt-winged Warbler last year on Mishima. So might need your help with your notes, plus checking the rough draft. Watabe-san is gonna help us get it translated and published in a Japanese journal. I will alos be getting notes off that other young fella who saw it with us.

You have gotta see Last King of Scotland..Forest is a star and James Mcavoy plays a pretty mean second fiddle.

I also recommend Little Miss Sunshine for some light quirky relief and Hot Fuzz for some all out laugh out loud romp....won't give too much away..but you see an ex-Bond impale himself on a miniature cathedral spike..well worth a look!

I see that your rugger boys black and tanned our hides as SCE predicted...had to be better than the Wind shaking the barley..prefer my porridge oats any day of the week.

Well may catch up with you for a spot of birding some time this year..though spring seems unlikely as I'm broke and you might be off to Hegura?

February 27, 2007 11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dude,
Sincere apologies for lack of contact,been lying low and simply working my ass off.All good over here,though currently suffering from a chest infection that just wont quit.
spent last week over in London with the bro and eimear jean.Had a great few days involving loads of booze,plenty of art galleries,mind altering chemicals,museums,food,and a gig that unquestionably damaged my ears.Just back now and keeping the head down,saving like mad for next june.
Anyhoo,hope this finds you well and dopr me a line on the new address when you get the chance.

PW

P.s - I remember the taste of mexican, a haw haw haw

March 01, 2007 6:19 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses cheap, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany and co, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, louboutin, coach factory outlet, air max, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, nike free, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, nike shoes, coach outlet, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags

November 14, 2014 9:56 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

birkin bag, longchamp, canada goose outlet, insanity workout, moncler, giuseppe zanotti, uggs outlet, reebok outlet, north face outlet, north face jackets, babyliss pro, ugg australia, ugg boots, nike huarache, nfl jerseys, new balance shoes, beats by dre, ugg pas cher, canada goose, p90x, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, mcm handbags, canada goose, vans shoes, ugg boots, mac cosmetics, nike roshe run, mont blanc, canada goose, marc jacobs, valentino shoes, ghd, wedding dresses, abercrombie and fitch, ferragamo shoes, herve leger, celine handbags, canada goose uk, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, asics running shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, ugg, rolex watches, instyler, soccer jerseys, hollister

November 14, 2014 10:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

201510.27dongdong
coach outlet
uggs clearance
Cheap Michael Kors Handbags Outlet
uggs sale
Air Jordan 6 Champagne Bottle
Michael Kors Handbags Clearance Outlet
Designer Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach outlet online
ugg boots
abercrombie store
tory burch sale
Louis Vuitton Online Shop Stores
michael kors bags
toms outlet
michael kors outlet
nike trainers
coach outlet store online
Louis Vuitton Official Site Outlet Stores
ugg boots
ugg boots sale
Louis Vuitton Outlet Stores Usa
Nike Kobe Bryant Basketball Shoes
Abercrombie and Fitch USA Outlet Store
Louis Vuitton Outlet Mall Store
Christian Louboutin Outlet Sale Cheap Online
Oakley Polarized Sunglasses Cheap Outlet Store

October 27, 2015 7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home