Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Verballage

Good evening. Welcome to verballage. A new concept of how to make life in Japan sound exciting when in fact, at the moment, it seems to be just about work, which although interesting, does not exactly set the world alight. The last week has been pretty crap to say the least but needless to say, life outside work has been okay. I took it easy last weekend and did sweet FA on Saturday. I managed to haul my ass out of bed early(ish) and clean the entire apartment, despite my subtle hangover. I think Japanese beer does strange things to one`s mind. The effects tend to get progessively stronger the longer one stays awake, despite the cessation of consuming the beverage. Great that this may sound to those who like to become inebriated in a different way, it can be quite misleading and tends to throw one for a loop. As a result, one gets more bollixed than expected. Good I know, but it depends on the situation. I would like to know what they put in the beer to make it react so. As it is, the Japanese genetic makeup prevents the vast majority from drinking copious amounts of alcohol. Maybe I am becoming assimilated.

Saturday afternoon was spent roaming the streets of Umeda doing nothing in particular and going home to chill out and read a book, watcha a DVD and get to bed at a reasonable hour. Sunday was a day of rest and in the afternoon, I went playing some ball in Osaka-jo park with the lads. That was good fun and the back held up remarkably well! Looks like a comeback could be in order. An impromptu bbq that evening left me puking my proverbial ring up in the early hours of Monday morning, and a quick exit from the train to empty my otherwise drained and parched stomach left me late for a meeting by a few minutes at work. Oh, Monday morning was not pleasant folks to say the least. You will all be glad to hear that I am now in good health and intend to go to the gym tonight as I left work at 10.30pm last night, by which time it was too late to go. The gym keeps me sane. I am thinking of taking up the noble sport of boxing as there is a gym near me gaff. A friend of mine, now in Korea, is urging me to do it. I reckon I will enjoy pounding all sorts of hell out of a heavy bag. Keep tuned...it may never happen.

On that note, I will leave you all and get back to work. I am writing this in a broadband promotional place so only have a short period of time. I hope this finds everyone well and enjoying whatever season is now bestowed upon you.

Carmo`s Diet: This week, I have mostly been eating whatever I can keep down.

Carmo`s Birds: not a lot apart from crows and pigeons

Carmo`s Birds for Byrdy: anything at this stage fella

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
I seem to recall reading something about chemicals in Kirin leading to brutal hangovers, not sure if it applies to all Japanese beer?
H

June 07, 2006 6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd say its just yer age fella - getting sauced up gets harder as you move away from 30 - sure, i should know (but rarely remember till its too late!)

June 07, 2006 9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah..but NH was a bogey for me for a long LONG time...nice to finally eliminate that one...and in ireland to boot! How goes birding in Nippon?Quieting down for the summer?...Can you seawatch over there?

June 07, 2006 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, this made no sense to me until I realised that the subject of BCNHs had been raised on the last thread! Mixing and matching replies can lead to a case of head-f*ck!
H

June 07, 2006 10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ho doc
well we've had a good sunny spell so thats my summer baskin over, wurlde cuppe kicks off in just over an hour so i'll keep this short, finished fu'ballin, champs again, way too good for this, might retire gracefully in the J league, like the sound of yer verballising, could do a chapter on that in the book, no nudes really, just sayin hi, a case of gout may keep ya at home for the month to catch up on fussbal games missed durin the year, i could send ya a potion to make it more realistic for the docs, herbal based with a hint of seaweed, sorry me minds not here.......i'm off to roar on the mighty fatherland.....uber alles !! ole

June 09, 2006 11:43 PM  
Blogger Carmo said...

just had a drink fuelled panaromic view of der faderland loooking doge as beating CostaForture Rica. hopefully de standard vill improve. No chalk off yor nose the Leuurve, expect the Quarry Cup of 97/98 would tear that lot of Caribbeans to pieces.

Vicki, my darling, NZ haven't a chance on Saturday. GO ON THE BIYS!!!

June 10, 2006 3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2006 and still talking about the Quarry Cup!

June 11, 2006 3:24 AM  
Blogger Carmo said...

LJ, it still tears me up that we didn't win it with the team we had those 2 years...it was a travesty.

Vicki, not quite 20 points but ye were lucky!!

June 11, 2006 4:10 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

birkin bag, longchamp, canada goose outlet, insanity workout, moncler, giuseppe zanotti, uggs outlet, reebok outlet, north face outlet, north face jackets, babyliss pro, ugg australia, ugg boots, nike huarache, nfl jerseys, new balance shoes, beats by dre, ugg pas cher, canada goose, p90x, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, mcm handbags, canada goose, vans shoes, ugg boots, mac cosmetics, nike roshe run, mont blanc, canada goose, marc jacobs, valentino shoes, ghd, wedding dresses, abercrombie and fitch, ferragamo shoes, herve leger, celine handbags, canada goose uk, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, asics running shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, ugg, rolex watches, instyler, soccer jerseys, hollister

November 14, 2014 9:39 AM  
Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.14
kate spade outlet
pandora charms outlet
moncler jackets
cheap jordans
off white shoes
oakley sunglasses
ralph lauren outlet
nike outlet
coach outlet online
kate spade outlet

August 14, 2018 12:46 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

hermes handbags
birkin bag
lebron james shoes
yeezy 350
yeezy supply
moncler
golden goose
lebron 16
nike sb dunk low
birkin bag

June 01, 2021 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home