Friday, July 08, 2005

London calling...

Woke up this morning, with a bit of a hangover (more on that later), to find that London had been targeted by bomb attacks. I hope that those I know in London are all okay, Liz, Barry, Stevo, Chris, Bernie and anyone else. Although any attack like this is an absolute abomination, I am surprised that London was not targeted sooner than this. The pictures on the news and the reports on the radio make it sound pretty horrible, particularly near the BMA building and in the tube stations. I heard that al-Qa'ida Europe are taking responsibility but there is no definitive proof yet. One can only imagine that it is an extremist group of some nature. The timing to coincide with the G8 summit will bring the attention of the their cause to the fore again...I wonder how long more will pass before Australia, mainland Europe and the US will be struck with more such attacks or worse, although in the case of the US, it's just one terrorist organisation against another, but that's just my opinion....

If you want to read what Fisk is saying today, check out the link to the webpage that hosts his column in the Independent...worth reading.

Thankfully the bombs did not go off during the peak of morning rush hour as it would have been worse than Madrid...

What are the chances of finding these people?? Slim I guess, they still can't find Osama and the Taliban are gathering again with much determination...the Brits might do a better job than the Yanks, at least Mr. Blair hasn't got his head stuck up his own ass, unlike that gombeen across the pond...

Anyway, it's been a tough ol' day so I am going to stop here before I say anything I'll regret.

I hope all are okay in London...

1 Comments:

Blogger Carmo said...

mel, glad to hear that no-one was caught up in the mess. It was horrendous. Blair is a bit of a muppet but he's not the worst, it could be worse.

Sorry about not getting the interview...bummer

thanks for the compliment...too generous I feel :) No where near yours, not by a long mile. Hopefully I'll get some nice ones up there, hopefully soon!!

I'll be in touch soon. Hope all is good (or better!).

M

July 11, 2005 10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home