Tuesday, August 09, 2005

listening to Zero 7, chillin with the music and a glass of vino...niicceeee

Hello all,

well with the boss away last week and this, work has been somewhat less frenetic and more productive. I even had the amazing experience of leaving work at 6pm...it was even bright outside (this kind of behaviour can be seen listed in the Red Data Book!!)!! The reason for leaving work early (the earliest I have left since I started working here, nearly 4 months ago) was to try and see the physio at the gym (i joined a new gym called Tipness, it's pretty cool) as my back has finally caved in and hence I am walking like I have something stuck up my... and as a result I can not get any sleep and even sitting down is somewhat uncomfortable, as you can well imagine :) So, I walked in to the physios and thankfully one of the girls spoke English and she informed that there is no appointments system, it's just walk-in and be seen. So, I endured what was the most amazing painful, tortuous hour of pure heaven and my back feels somewhat relieved of the tension and tightness that I have had for the last while. What was even more beautiful was that it cost 1750Y (about 12eruo) and the everyother visit form now on will cost 750Y!!!! That is cheaper than buying 6 apples or half a water melon!!! Fantastic. Then to put the icing on the cake, I came home to (unfortunately not a naked woman) but a phone call from one of the girls saying her friend, who's a chiorpractor, will be able to see me on Friday evening and he's not going to charge me!!! Bonus or what!! I am psyched about that. My back was really getting to me and it was such that I couldn't lift my right leg due to the severe pain that ran down it if I tried.

Of course, it's part 2, and hopefully the concluding episode, of the dentist saga tomorrow (and no Mum, I was not in pain so you can cancel the flights). I had to get a filling done as one of my other fillings fell out, as they do. So, day one was getting the tooth drilled (why seeing as it was already done from the last filling that was in there), filled with a temporary cement after they took a mould of the tooth. Therefore, part 2, tomorrow, entails getting the cement taken out and the moulded filling put in in it's place. All a bit mad and I will probably have to go back a third time to get my teeth cleaned!! Nice premises though...one can watch a dvd of swimming dolphins in the nice blue sea to settle one's nerves should you be nervous, on a screen right in front of you.

One last thing, I would like to wish my cousin Peter a very happy 18th birthday tomorrow!!! It's hard to believe you can come home legally drunk now and be hungover safe in the knowledge that you didn't break the law!! Sweet as it may sound, my Mum used to give me hassle about coming home drunk until I was.....hell, she still does!!! So be wide!! Anyway, I can remember changing your nappies when I used to babysit for your folks many moons ago, but come to think of it, you used to show me what to do as I hadn't a clue...even then you were ahead of your peers!!! Well I hope you have a good one and we'll have to go for a pint when I come home. Good luck next week, I'll be on to see how you got on but I'm not too worried, you'll fly it.

So after coming home, I ironed my shirts (come back Debs, all is forgiven!!!!), made my lunch, turned on the music and I am now listening to Zero 7 which I downloaded yesterday, having a glass of vino to wash away the stresses of the day....

Ok peeps, sin e for the moment, here's to a full night's sleep......slainte

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright fella,

Sorry about your back, not being able to lift your leg must reduce your performace a bit! James Bond got some lovely Japanese bird (Long necked crane!)to walk on his back and that sorted him out! You only Live Twice Mr Carmo.

No other craic here, headin to Dubland for the stick fight (that's wot they call it in Clare)on Sunday. Up the Rebels! Six weeks of work left and then of to China for a bit of number 55 and fried rice, i said FFFttteee five....

Wont get to Japan unfortunately, we're endin up in Sydney for xmas, hong kong and then home for new year.

Anyways look after yourself and don't forget to check out those long necked cranes........

LJ

August 10, 2005 9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmo my old salt,hadnt checked up on you for a while so i said i'd sound you out and have a look.And so busy you have been !!
Firstly,there are no words to describe my disapppointment at the disappearance of the piercings.Bad form old man,bad form.Between this and back ailments you are finally acting like the 72 year old we all knew you were.Glad to hear of the tattoo news,but i can only imagine how much that is going to cost over there.About the cost of a watermelon grove i fancy.But,going on what you've told us of the level of service over there,you should have about 35 tattooists working on you at once.
News on this end is that the Irish boys have finally decided to go balls to the wall and go surfing some barrells.3 of us currently are booked to go to Samoa in the 1st two weeks of november.Going to give the barrelling reefs of Upolu island a look.Been looking at photos and the feeling is one of anticipation and sheer terror.But,preparations are underway - new boards ordered,training a bit,and signed up for a surf first aid course (all the reefs are breaking on fire coral,not good to get dragged across),so there's no turning back.Even trying to quit the green for a few months to get myself together for it !!! Hah hah ha ha !!
Apart from this the only news is that my current job is tiling the showers in Aucklands biggest "ladies only" gym.Needless to say,i am working slower than carmo on a sunday morning.

LONG MAY YOU RUN !!!!!!!

August 11, 2005 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey fella
just back from sunny wales this very am and checkin out all yer movements, restricted though they may be! nae birds, specially not de sooty, which was still being seen in Dublin & Down, but 3 birding mates from Aberdeen "just happened to be in the area" when it was in Down, which wasn't so good!

kittens doing fine - asking for ye like!

de langer will be bck in auginish in a coupla days so you should hear from him again then, with any luck - he's been seeing cormorants in denmark apparently!

August 11, 2005 8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surfbirds now has an irish self found list.

http://www.surfbirds.com/cgi-bin/surfbirds/display.cgi?list=list194&lowVal=0&highVal=49

August 12, 2005 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeez you 2 guys must be real hot - 1st and 2nd highest self found lists in Ireland! too embarressed to work mine out though - mebbe one day!

August 12, 2005 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home