Saturday, September 17, 2005

Radio Personality of the Year...Mr. Steven "Stevo" O'Connor

First of all, before I go on about this guy, my week has been like it's always been... a no-lifer. The boss surprised us all by putting on a company night away in November, should be good fun, going to the onsen, getting naked with the lads from work and my tattoos on show. I'll probably get fired or some such rubbish so may not go into the onsen...I bet Mum is going "I told you so" right now.

And so, ot the main event, I want people to do me a huge favour and take note of the following:
my good friend, Mr. Stevo O'Connor has got himself a radio show in London, England, every Thurs and Fri morning between the hours of 8 and 10am. You can tune in at www.lifefm.org.uk so please please check this guy out. Known by thousands and loved by millions, he's a legend of a man and great friend to count as a friend (no, there's no drink taken, it's how I feel about the guy). It's a real pain in the ass that I won't be able to tune in as I'm at work when he's on air BUT next Friday, I have the day off so I plan to tune in for the couple of hours he's on, have a couple of the lads over and get pissed. Why not, it's Friday. So, tune into Stevo's show at the above website and be entertained in a way that only the man can...it'll be worth it folks.

On another note, it's a long weekend this weekend and I plan to sleep, oh yes, sleep. However, the birds are calling me to get out there in the morning so I'm going to head out to Nanko for a couple of hours. Hopefully on Sunday I'm off to a mountainous place where Japanese Monkeys run wild and bears too. With a bit of luck we'll see a bear but the monkeys are easy to see. I am really looking forward to that.



Ok, I'm pooped and my brain stopped working hours ago. I'm off to finish Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell (superb, highly recommend it)...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But what are you eating this week ??? A converstaion is most deifinitely in order carmo,either call me on 0064273043482 or gimme your number (landline) and i'll call you-its cheap over here

September 17, 2005 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey fella - no birds today boy but a wild rumour circulating that a sooty tern was seen near kilbritain by fishermen yesterday - so that would be good if it is ever pinned down eh? tried to will it into red strand, owenahincha or ross this morning but didn't work.

Robinson got de greenish yesterday but v elusive - no photos biy! so thats 241 and counting - he's now only 12 behind me irish list!

de langer certainly enjoying de fringe benefits of being the warden, if you know what i mean! Its amayzing how these rumours get started eh? ;-)

September 17, 2005 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carmo,
You will have heard that Ciaran managed to get on to a juv Lesser Grey Shrike found on Cape today, which was only seen by himself and the finder...heard even Steve missed in narrowly. I was on my way to Wexford to dip on a Blue-winged Teal at the time, so carried on, as I wouldn't have made the Cape ferry in any case, and even those who did dipped. Had really hoped that it would stay, maybe Ciaran will pick it up again during the week?
Dipped on Tree Pipit yesterday, and Semi-P last Sun for the year, Wilson's Phal last Sat for Cork, Spotted Crake Fri before last for Ireland etc etc...last SUCCESSFUL twitch I had was Thursday 8th!
Enough to make one give up the auld twitching, but I'm too addicted to it even though I know it's bad for me...KIDS, JUST SAY NO!!!
Things are grand otherwise.
H

September 19, 2005 5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

should have read 'missed IT narrowly' in the fourth sentence...mea culpa!

September 19, 2005 5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home