Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Earthquake 1000km away felt in Osaka today!!!

Well, while sitting at my desk at approx. 11.30am today, I thought I was falling asleep as my chair started to move and my head started to drop but I realised I was feeling dizzy and slightly nauseous, I realized that it was an earthquake! It went on for at least a minute and it was very disorientating to say the least. Being 15 floors up and seeing the blinds move, the chair rolling and probably the weirdest feeling I have had physiologically. It was quite unnerving but at the same time an amazing experience. We thought it might have been an earthquake in Tokyo we were feeling as we are on the same fault line but when we heard it was a 7.3 (richter) over 1000km away, it was quite frightening. I don't think any body was killed in Miyagi prefecture thankfully but there was structural damage and injuries. All the Japanese staff were taken aback by it. You could hear the building creak as well and one of the lads was taking a piss while it happened and he said the river started to ripple and become a bit choppy. I would like to have seen that...the river moving with the 'quake, not one of the lads taking a piss :)

Anyway, my first proper earthquake experience...I just hope a 7.3 or anything like that hits Osaka while I'm at work!!! 15 floors is a long way down although it's a modern builidng so there's supposed to be earthquake proof...and the Titanic was unsinkable

Bye for now

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just take care!!!!!

August 16, 2005 11:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy a parachute....when the place starts shakin bail out of the 15th floor!!

August 16, 2005 11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Carmo,
Feck sake, that sounds scary! Hope you don't get another one for a while now.

August 17, 2005 10:28 PM  
Blogger Carmo said...

not too worry folks, although a slightly scary experience, scary in the sense of exciting (a) Mum, I can't predict when an earthquake will strike but I'll get under a table anyway, just so you know, (b) Pariah, the windows don't open mate!! and (c) let's hope we don't get one for a while H, fingers crossed...

All's well, payday soon and the boss told me tonight I can take my summer holidays (all 3 days) even though I'm not entitled to them...YAHOOOO!!!!

August 17, 2005 11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi baby, read about the earth quake today and was slightly nervous but it sounds like your just fine, please be careful!

August 18, 2005 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jebus,sounds like scarey stuff,dude.We had one in while in Cajamarca,its was like a 2 or something and i chainsmoked for about 3 days afterwards to recover (thats what i told myself anyway,come to think of it,i could have just left).
No news over here really,other than a rapidly approaching 25ft open ocean swell due to hit the east coast this weekend.Wonder if this has anything to do with your earthquake anything.Going to hit the Coromandel,reckon the reefs will be firing.So,i'll either get the biggest waves of my life,or get my ass handed to me like never before.Provided i can leave my balls on the beach and actually go in.

LONG MAY YOU RUN ! ! ! ! !

August 18, 2005 3:25 PM  
Blogger Carmo said...

Hey Pee, sounds like that could be fun, not leaving your balls on the beach, that could be quite painful! Not much happening here. Birding this weekend is the priority and that's those that have feathers and fly:) Yup, earthquakes are pretty weird experiences, wouldn't like to get caught up in the BIG ONE that's supposed to hit here at some stage soon (geologically of course). how's the non-bailing going?? Or should I stop laughing now and realise how funny that joke really was....Have a good w'end mate, and enjoy the surf, might be due to the ol' 'quake we had..

LONG MAY YOU RUN!!!!!

August 19, 2005 9:45 PM  
Blogger Carmo said...

Cilla, how are ya babes? how's Doooblin treating ya? Earthquake was pretty cool and scary, all ok though, thanks for the concern, I nearly cried i was so touched ;) hope all's well with you, will be in touch over the weekend xx

August 19, 2005 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude - dunno about yer new photo on de front page - you look a bit shady there fella - reckon de old one was probly a bigger hit with the laydees, all dying to be "charmo'd" no doubt - sheesh!

August 20, 2005 12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got this web site from my friend who told me regarding this web page and now this time I am browsing this site and
reading very informative articles or reviews at this place.
Feel free to surf my webpage : captain black

December 05, 2012 12:42 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler, gucci, swarovski, parajumpers, lancel, moncler, pandora charms, montre homme, air max, baseball bats, ugg, links of london, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, coach outlet store online, moncler, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, hollister, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, karen millen, air max, oakley, vans, rolex watches, hollister clothing store, iphone 6 cases, moncler outlet, louboutin, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, timberland boots, hollister, ray ban, converse shoes, pandora charms, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler

November 14, 2014 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home