Monday, January 02, 2006

My Body Speaks...

I write this with an air of missed pleasures and a feeling of disappointment. My body spoke it's mind this morning by either (a) not hearing the alarm, or (b) hearing the alarm, telling my hand to turn it off and not tell the rest of my body and then slyly went back to sleep. Neil called me at 6.30am wondering where I was...panic...oh boy, much cursing and apologies from my side of the phone. Laughter and slagging from the other end. I was gutted. Simply gutted. I went back to bed and tried to get some more sleep. The phone rings again, waking me from my slumber...Neil. It's 1pm, I have now slept for close to 14 hours, my body is definitely telling me something. I have not slept this long for as long as I can remember. Neil is looking at the Stellar's Eagle...gutted is by now not even relevant. Utter disappointment, the type one feels at the age of 12 after losing the cup final, it's not pretty. I thank him for his kindness and allowing me to dewll on the mental image of where the bird is EXACTLY sitting. With thousands of duck, more than our last visit, I am truly dejected. I still am. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow with Neil if he decides to go to Amagasaki. I hope he decides to go. I need my fix.

I sloped off to Umeda to look at the sales in Yodobashi camera. The new Nikon D200 is out and the reviews are excellent. I managed to have a look at one in Yodobashi. Oh boy, it's nice. My friend in another camera shop was not working so I will call back to negotiate a swap deal with my present camera. The D200 is the way forward. Maybe purchasing this will lift my gloom today but my credit card will certainly self-destruct!! Someother time I feel, save some money first!!

Anyway, back to my photograph editing. I hope you enjoy the Kingfisher and the Japanese Wagtail I saw in Kyoto yesterday. A bright bird to brighten up a dull, overcast day. Maybe I'll go to bed at 8pm tonight...

Carmo's diet: today I've mostly been dwelling on what got away...aaagggghhhhhh!!!!! There's always Hokkaido though :)

PS: just off to phone to Neil, not only did they see a Stellar's Eagle, but picked up a second bird hunting duck at a different location in the evening...I'm sick to my stomach. Also some Daruian Jackdaw's, long-billed plovers, whistling swan and rooks. A total of 70 species...what a day to be too exhausted to hear an alarm go off. Still, off to Amagasaki tomorrow so fingers crossed we'll see something decent.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're some langar biy! I remember going twitching in Scotland for lesser scaup & lb dow a few years back - went to pick up me mate at 6.00am - when we knocked on his door to tell him what we were going for he told us to feck off - thought we were going for the lesser scaup in N Ireland! He was a bit peeved to discover there was 1 in Scotland when he woke up properly later on - but thats show business fella!!

anyhoo, hope ye had a good day today and that yer hangover didn't affect yer by now legendary birding skills - flame on dude!

January 03, 2006 6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy new year Carmo-san!
Keep on flaming!

January 03, 2006 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
My first reaction to your news, on reading it on Col's weblog, can't be repeated here on grounds of decency!
Hope you get another chance to see the stunner that is Steller's Sea Eagle...can't show you the e-card that I got from Dick F until you have seen one....
Regards,
H

January 04, 2006 1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Dude,
All good o'er here,started back to work today and landed cushy job driving a truck (i've got photos to prove it) about the vineyard delivering loads of posts !!! On a purity buzz now,no spliff,no booze for the month.Will see how that one goes but fingers crossed i wont end up killing someone.
We've tossed caution to the wind (for a change) and decided that instead of heading home via fairly dodgy South Africa we are heading home via insanely dodgy Mexico and El Salvador.The things a fella will do for a nice wave to himself.Either way i'll be back in the city by the Lee in June.Have you got a number for Dr. Moloney ??? Need to get in contact to see what shots in need (if any).
Anyhoo,big up the Japanese adventurer.
Talk soon,
P

January 04, 2006 12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fella - we need to know the truth about you and this inter-stellar sea eagle! You can't be casually dropping it into e-mails and then not posting de truth on yer blog! Get on it!

January 04, 2006 6:17 PM  
Blogger Carmo said...

Col, the day was all forgotten about the following day..see the next post. Ah, Stellar's eagle. What a bird. All good here. back to work tomorrow and it sucks!! Hope all's well, will be skyping/MSNing it later on or tomorrow.

Pariah, I'll keep on flaming but not in the way that Corkonians think!

H, looks like you'll be sending on that ecard to me!

Pee, my man in NZ. Sounds bliss over there. I pity the boys if you're off the booze and spliff. I know what you're like in the initial withdrawal. Worse than me off the ciggies!! I'll email you Der's number, wouldn't want to put it on here. Hope all's well otherwise. I'll email later

LONG MAY YOU SURF

January 04, 2006 6:59 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses cheap, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany and co, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, louboutin, coach factory outlet, air max, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, nike free, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, nike shoes, coach outlet, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags

November 14, 2014 9:24 AM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

skechers shoes
http://www.jordansforcheap.us.com
hermes belt
true religion jeans
http://www.raybanglasses.in.net
links of london
michael kors handbags
oakley sunglasses
ray ban sunglasses outlet
fitflops
gg

October 28, 2016 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home