Monday, July 23, 2007

Weekeed away...with work...yippee do


the last couple of weeks have been a bit of a drag because despite fabulous weather during the week, it would piss out of the heavens for the weekend. A bit like western Europe right now except at least we have 5 days of sunshine and not constant rain. It's horrendous the way the weather systems are becoming so out of sinc, at least what we consider to be in out of sinc. Who's not to say that this is the way it's supposed to go? We'll never know. Anyway, I'm talking through my...

The weekend before last was supposed to be the return of Team No Disc-o to the playing fields of Taj-ultimate 2007 starring as the Paul McGrath of Ultimate Disc, yours truly, but alas the long-standing back injurty prevented me from travelling with the team. I was pissed off about that and spent the weekend, a holiday one at that, in the chiropractor and doing not much else due to the pissing rain. On Sunday night I met a few friends and headed to a burlesque show featuring the world-famous murasaki babydoll troupe from Tokyo. They won some big awards in the States last year and this year. It was hilarious and we had a great night. Eva was hot as and we met her afterwards (see left). There was a magician who also performed called Sexy Da Vinchi and he had the whole place laughing. It was hilarious. We also met him afterwards and is, allegedly, coming to a bbq YN has organized for August 5th.

A massive earthquake hit Niigata the following morning on Monday 16th, and it nearly threw me off my chair while sitting in front of the computer at home. It was the fist earthquake that I have felt in my apartment. My apartment building is quite a strong and relatively new structure so it should be okay to withstand a big earthquake (at least I hope it will be). It was quite incredible to feel that power and I can not even begin to imagine what it must be like to experience a really big earthquake. Quite frightening I would think. Thankfully we didn't feel anything of the Man-yi typhoon that devastated western Japan. The wind was stronger than normal, but that was about all.

As for the Koya-san trip away with work last weekend...the highlight was driving in PJ's new motor. It's a class car and so cool. The car came with sat-nav which is just class. Looks like it could be an interesting few months while PJ has the motor...roll on the road trips to Lawson and Konoike 280!!! haha...(sorry Mum, as you can see I still have a ciggie in my hand...I don't inhale anymore though :))

Bird wise: nada, zero, nil, nought...weather all over the place, too hot, too wet, too windy. Insect photos are the new craze. Check out my photos for a better look see.

Carmo's Diet: This week, I have mostly been eating mosquitoes

Carmo's Birds: Japanese Bush Warbler

Carmo's Birds for Byrdy: Jennifer Connelly (again)

Tv highlights: 24 Season 6

14 Comments:

Blogger Harry said...

Ireland: too wet, too cool, not windy enough (seawatching season is here, apparently, not that you'd know it)!
Think that I saw the sun today, though, as it's been so long, perhaps I was imagining things?
H

July 24, 2007 1:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Charmo!

Haven't you started reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? I just can't leave it, not even at work. Can't wait either to find out how Jack Bauer gets away form the Chinese, but in Spain we have to wait till they translate the series.

Cuidate. Un abrazo,
Violeta

July 24, 2007 1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude !!!

Completely laid up carmo-style in Pacasmayo,after getting absolutely annihilated by a big day out at the point.Was just surfing way too much and was too tired,popped up too slow and proceeded to fall about 15 feet onto my head pretty much,then got run over by said wave.Never have i felt power like it.Usually the point is a friendly sort of a wave,giving a slap on the wrist to those who take the piss but this was a full on ass kicking.As it stands (ha ha) i'm walking like robocop dipped in tiger balm.Dont think theres enough pot in peru to fix this.Hopefully will be right for ice climbing next week in Huaraz !!!

Bring it on,
Robo-P

July 25, 2007 5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fella i is texting from me hospital bed - in getting a new back for de autumn. All good tho, i'm gonna kick yer saggy arse! Don't think i'll ever dance again, the way we did last summer.

July 26, 2007 7:37 PM  
Blogger Stuart Price said...

Some nice bug pics on flikr. Something to do whilst there are no birds and god knows there are plenty of bugs in J-land........

July 28, 2007 3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you! It's nice photo.
I'm happy to reading it.
See you again !!!

July 29, 2007 11:16 AM  
Blogger Minnsy said...

Darn if you felt a really big one..you would plop in your pants.

Lack of birds is getting too much down here...roll on autumn.

When are you off back to the Emerald Isle by the way?

July 30, 2007 2:53 AM  
Blogger Carmo said...

H, I hear it's sunny at home today.

Violeta, how's motherhood treating you? Do you miss sitting next to me at work??? Hahaha, I don't think you do. I hope all is well with you and your family. nearly finished Season 6, just 2 episodes to go...!!!!

PW, rock on my good man, rock on and make me proud. Looking to sort out some Bale for the SS coming up in a couple of weeks..keep the fingers crossed

Col, I hope you never dance again the way you did last summer...last I heard it was quite embarressing

SCE, plenty of bugs indeed. Thanks. Green with envy with your excellent Ruddy Kingfisher photos...great stuff.

Eva, sexy Eva, thanks for stopping by!!! I hope to see you this weekend when you are in Osaka.

Minnsy, check your Facebook

July 30, 2007 11:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought you'd never talk to me again. Having a baby is such an amazing experience, and after all I still look pretty sexy... (I think). You're right, I don't miss "the trouble" but there were also good memories. I was back in Cork last December and probably I'll be next... at least once a year I can drink a decent pint. I'll have to wait for 24 but I already know how
Harry Potter ends up.
Un beso. Hasta luego!
Violeta

July 31, 2007 9:04 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

It was sunny yesterday...sunny today also, so had a bug bonanza with 2 Holly Blues at Sunday's Well, one at Fitzgerald's Park, and a male Common Darter and female Emperor (ovipositing, no less) at the pond at the latter location. Even left my coat at home!!
H

July 31, 2007 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ye cant have jennifer connely!ive been after her since i first saw Labrynth!And that was like 20 years ago!

August 01, 2007 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In spite of my best efforts have managed to pick up stomach amoebas once more.KIcking the piss out of me.Brings me back to last time....

August 03, 2007 1:51 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses cheap, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany and co, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, louboutin, coach factory outlet, air max, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, nike free, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, nike shoes, coach outlet, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags

November 14, 2014 9:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

201510.27dongdong
coach outlet
uggs clearance
Cheap Michael Kors Handbags Outlet
uggs sale
Air Jordan 6 Champagne Bottle
Michael Kors Handbags Clearance Outlet
Designer Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach outlet online
ugg boots
abercrombie store
tory burch sale
Louis Vuitton Online Shop Stores
michael kors bags
toms outlet
michael kors outlet
nike trainers
coach outlet store online
Louis Vuitton Official Site Outlet Stores
ugg boots
ugg boots sale
Louis Vuitton Outlet Stores Usa
Nike Kobe Bryant Basketball Shoes
Abercrombie and Fitch USA Outlet Store
Louis Vuitton Outlet Mall Store
Christian Louboutin Outlet Sale Cheap Online
Oakley Polarized Sunglasses Cheap Outlet Store

October 27, 2015 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home