Thursday, September 27, 2007

...

well, what can I write at 7am on the day before I head on vacation? Not a lot really. I have been birding a lot, the only thing preventing the disillusionment I am beginning to feel now with Japan taking a stranglehold. Yes, it is like that. I am looking forward to going home for a vaca, although a death in the family has put a bit of a downer on things. It is hard to take all that in. I guess it will be all the more apparent when I get there. However, this is not going to be a gloomy post. This is probably not going to be an overly exciting post either (are they ever I hear you roar!!!).
Common Greenshank
So, without further ceremony, I shall continue. Work has been okay of late, not as busy as previously experienced for some strange reasons. The High Court cases we are involved with are coming to a close so that has freed up my time to do the bread and butter work. Hence, I am way ahead of my game. It makes time for the gym and stops me from eating pringles :) I went out with a friend of mine on Saturday night (PK) for a bite to eat and some pints which was a great laugh. He originally worked with me but "left" and after a stint back in Canada and up near Tokyo, has returned to Osaka to a position in Osaka University. A funny man, an interesting man...
Who's excited...Birding has been okay with the best birds being Painted Snipe (above and further below), Greater Sand Plover, Temminck's Stint, Garganey, Grey-faced buzzard (below) and a JP tick with Hobby, which is a rare bird in Osaka. The mozzies are out in full force and prevented me from birding Osaka-jo on Saturday morning. I had to make a hasty retreat having forgotten to bring my mozzy repellent and with the 3/4 length shorts on me, my legs were attacked with a viscious and relentless aggressiveness.

In the news, Israel are at it again and cutting off power and water supplies to Gaza. Wankers. USA are piling more troops in to Iraq and finally, the blood-thirsty "Security" companies are being kicked out for murdering innocent civilians in Baghdad. It's a pity they don't kick the US army out for murdering, raping, torturing and pilaging the people of Iraq. I wonder who's more the tyrant in this instance: the private security companies or the US army. I know my opinion on that.

Ireland have albeit limped through the World Cup in a demoralising display of fatigue, staleness, and no form. It's disappointing. At least I'll be able to watch their total demise in a pub in Cork this Sunday. And here was I thinking we could actually win the competition!!! Cork got trounced by the savages of Kerry in the Final of the football. Thank Christ the ladies football team brought a bit of pride back to the county having lost 2 All-Ireland finals this year and the hurlers not preforming at all...beaten by the Deise. Honestly...

On that note, and as I really don't feel like adding anymore at this hour of the brain dead morning, I will bid you all adieu. I shall return post haste with tales of drinking, birding, and whatnot from the emerald isle anon...

Carmo's Diet: this week I have mostly been eating figs

Carmo's Birds: Hobby*, Temminck's stint, Spotted Redshank, Garganey, Grey-faced buzzard, Goshawk, Oriental Honey Buzzard

Carmo's Birds for Byrdy: anything at this stage

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats up dude,
I'm sure you are just waiting to get home and its grating on you,it's always like that with me too.That said,i dont actually know when i'll be home as yet.All goes very well here in southern Chile,still have a sweet log cabaƱa by the beach,the waves are big and pumping,and the Chilean ladies are delivering in frickin spades.Check out some of the surf shots on my Bebo.This saturday night is our going away party and it just happens to coincide with the national cheerleading event ( I shit you not).I love my life.

September 27, 2007 10:16 AM  
Blogger Stuart Price said...

Have a good trip home.

Don't worry about the rugby............it's only a game. Crappy old England will be following you home soon enough too (or even before if they don't beat Tonga).

Sorry about the death in the family. I know the feeling of being a long way from home when that happens.

September 29, 2007 12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola Charmo,

Sorry for your loss. I hope at least you have a good time during your holidays.
Un abrazo, Violeta

October 02, 2007 5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fella - that snipe shot is amayzing!! Is it yours? you should send it to surfbirds for their monthly photo thing that they do - great shot!

A special welcome back message was sung by a blyth's reed warbler at mizen for ya today - 277 fella! Thats gotta hurt!

October 14, 2007 3:51 AM  
Blogger Amila Salgado said...

The Snipe shot looks award winning!

December 03, 2007 11:33 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses cheap, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany and co, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, louboutin, coach factory outlet, air max, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, nike free, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, nike shoes, coach outlet, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags

November 14, 2014 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home