Monday, October 29, 2007

... again

...another week done at the firm and it's the same old ding dong. The work is not too bad of late, so I am going to enjoy the most of that quiet time (getting out by 7pm being a quiet time). That means applying for jobs wholesale and seeing what bites. A nibble or two and an out-and-out PFO to date so all not too gloomy. Fingers, and whatever else you can manage, crossed please...
(this is a Lanceolated Warbler: ) Lanceolated Warbler
I got hammered drunk on Friday night with PJ, his bro and his bro's missus who are over visiting. It was a great laugh and just what the doctor ordered. Obviously Saturday was written off which was probably a good thing as I had things to do in the apartment like and I had no choice but to do it on Saturday. Why getting hammered drunk was good? My dreams are haunting me. I woke up screaming the other night with fright and I was addled all day. It happened again last night. The funny thing is is that they are not nightmares. Just a fragment of my past which is haunting me again. I thought I put all that shite away but the fecking bastard of a thing is saying boo in the my dreams. I'll have to kill it with a bottle of whiskey I think, ahahaa (joke Mother, that's a joke)!!
Anyway, I finished a great book by Mikhail Bulgakov called "Heart of a Dog" which was absolutely hilarious!! I had previously read "The White Guard" and "The Master and Margarita" and thought it was giving this one a go and it certainly was worth it. I finished it in a couple of hours waiting for my plane in Schiphol airport. Another book I read on that long journey home was "JPod" by Douglas Coupland...brilliant. Total piss take and it even features himself in the book. Well worth reading. Now I am reading the "The Yiddish Policemen's Union" by Michael Chabon. So far so good. I have also read his books "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay", "Summerland" and "Wonder Boys". He's worth a read but the best has been Kavalier and Clay.
(This is a Narcissus Flycatcher:) Narcissus Flycatcher
Recently I downloaded In Rainbows the new album from Radiohead which is available to download from their website and you, the listener and fan, can decide how much you wish to pay for the album. I have loved it from the first note of the first song burst through my headphones....FRICKIN' AWESOME!!!! "Reckoner" (my favourite so far), "Jigsaw falling into place" (fcukin brilliant), "Faust Arp", "Weird Fishes/Apreggi", "Nude", and "15 Step" all jump straight out as classics. Definitely worth getting. Even if some of you are doubting whether it would be worth it...remember...it's up to YOU the listener to decide how much you pay :)

(This is a Dunnock or Hedge Accentor:) DunnockLiverpool are as inconsistent now as they have been for the last 20 years. I want the League title. I don't care for Europe. I don't care for the FA Cup and the Worthless Cup...I just want the league title. Bring it home Stevie G (and i don't mean the legendary Cork DJ and fan of the music Stevie G)...

Carmo's Diet: This week I have mostly been eating walnuts, almonds, pistachios, blueberries and cranberries

Carmo's Birds: Quiet really, Japanese Grey Thrush, Garganey, Arctic Warbler, Narcissus and Brown Flycatcher the best

Carmo's Birds for Byrdy: the new iMac with Leopard...it's just about the sexiest thing out there right now

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you and your walnuts, almonds, pistachios, blueberries and cranberries - whats wrong with ya fella? I'd say thats whats haunting your dreams biy!! all de boys gorn for arctic roll at loop head but i just can't raise me game! Pass the pistachios you mite say!

October 30, 2007 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again - forgot to comment on yer reading matter - coupland is king it has to be said! JPod is a cracker all right - have you read "All families are psychotic"? Its a belter - must get it back from de langer now I think on it!

October 30, 2007 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright fella just finshed Jpod myself very funny! Am listening to a band called The National recently some excellent stuff, must get the Radiohead album heard great things. Liverpool still missing a few players to challenge for the title Stevie G hasn't hit form yet Mascherano's looking good. Arsenal looked frighteningly good at times against us Carragher was immense again. Locally Ramblers are a point behind Finn Harps with 2 games to go! What more do you need with all that news?!!

October 31, 2007 9:16 PM  
Blogger Stuart Price said...

We were lucky on Sunday.......hate to say it but it's true. Rafa's selections are getting odder every week.

Good luck with the job hunting. Sounds like you've had your fill of Japan. Why not pop up here before you go? At least we can watch Liverpool, go birding and get pissed.

Wow-I've never heard of any of those writers you mention. I feel kind of ignorant. Never cared for Radiohead much.........well not renough to actually pay for any of their recordings anyways.

October 31, 2007 10:23 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

You were wise not to raise your game, Col! Standing around in drizzle, seeing a silhouette flight view of a redpoll sp, and then 3 hours to get home in the dark isn't any fun.
Mind you, the pics on John Murphy's website show quite an underwhelming bird (or birds), and, while these may be Arctic(s), could some rostrata or islandica look like this? We need to know!!
H

October 31, 2007 11:47 PM  
Blogger Harry said...

Carmo,
Sorry for hijacking your blog there! Not heard the Radiohead album yet: used to quite like them in the mid 90s, but not had as much time for them since 'Kid A' came out...odd, as I can take a bit of experimental stuff from other bands/artists. Might download this new one some time, has to be worth doing so when the price is up to me...
Despite my being a Man United fan, I can see Arsenal winning the Premiership this season...tough game for us against them next weekend.
H

October 31, 2007 11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, mourning dove, hmmm!

Get the job. And get me one while you're at it.

Col got the book back, fecker only gave me a year to read it - like how am i meant to fit that in?????

Back in Cobh, will call soon

November 05, 2007 9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well well,
Its been far too long old man.My fault i guess.Looks like you had the time at home didnt you ?? I attribute this mainly to my being elsewhere,but I'll get you next time.When are you back ?? I really must sorrt out my tickets home.Currently in Punta Del Diablo,Uruguay,in a big house by the beach with 6 others.Surfing 6 hours a day,going to beed early and generally behaving myself.This will end this weekend however,as we return to Buenos Aires en masse for the creamfields dance festival - Chemical Brothers,LCD soundsystem,2ManyDJs,Tiefshwarz,and theres whispers online of Daft Punk.Will email you after the weekend.Hope alls well.

PW

November 08, 2007 2:32 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

birkin bag, longchamp, canada goose outlet, insanity workout, moncler, giuseppe zanotti, uggs outlet, reebok outlet, north face outlet, north face jackets, babyliss pro, ugg australia, ugg boots, nike huarache, nfl jerseys, new balance shoes, beats by dre, ugg pas cher, canada goose, p90x, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, mcm handbags, canada goose, vans shoes, ugg boots, mac cosmetics, nike roshe run, mont blanc, canada goose, marc jacobs, valentino shoes, ghd, wedding dresses, abercrombie and fitch, ferragamo shoes, herve leger, celine handbags, canada goose uk, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, asics running shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, ugg, rolex watches, instyler, soccer jerseys, hollister

November 14, 2014 9:59 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler, gucci, swarovski, parajumpers, lancel, moncler, pandora charms, montre homme, air max, baseball bats, ugg, links of london, supra shoes, juicy couture outlet, thomas sabo, coach outlet store online, moncler, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, hollister, louis vuitton, swarovski crystal, karen millen, air max, oakley, vans, rolex watches, hollister clothing store, iphone 6 cases, moncler outlet, louboutin, ugg, converse, moncler, canada goose, ralph lauren, wedding dresses, timberland boots, hollister, ray ban, converse shoes, pandora charms, canada goose, pandora jewelry, moncler

November 14, 2014 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home