Friday, February 17, 2006

Briefly for I must dash...

Good evening, morning, night...whatever time line you are on, I say to you HELLO!!! Well, it's been a long week, punctuated with sessions in the gym and long nights in front of the computer woking on the endless number of photos from Hokkaido. I hadn't realized I had taken so many. I am only half way through so it'll be a bit longer yet avesphiles!! Also, some more scenic images for all you avesphobes but alas, no photos of me...my apolgies to all my fans. To be perfectly honest, I saw myself in the mirror today and by Christ I've aged. I don't mean Sean Connery-esque, I'm talking Freddie Krueger-esque!!! The bags under my eyes are big enough to cast shadows on the floor. JH, you can stop cheering now and jumping up and down..yes they are as big, if not bigger and blacker than yours.

As my 'puter is starting to act a bit funny (it's ok JW, all the photos are backed up on my iPod! RAW images and all) so I'm bringing it to the Applestore in the morning. I have to be in Shinsaibashi anyway, an appointment I can't break...all will be divulged in due course. So fingers crossed the 'puter is ok. It's still under warranty.

The week that was involved Valentine's Day (christ, what a painful day) which is HUGE here. I like the way it is done here though. The chicks, sorry I mean the ladies give gifts to the men and the men don't have to do anything at all!! BRILLIANT! So, as I was at work all day, all I witnessed was the secretaries giving choccies to the sensai's and a couple of other of the old fellas. It was hilarious. Of course, every male got a box of chocolates. It is done so that nobody is left out. In that respect it is good as it can be harsh for the school kids when they don't get a card or whatever. Jayzus, being a teenager was tough, eh?! Now I can hear all the feminists out there jeering this day but you will all be glad to know that in March there is White Day. This is the opposite day to Val's Day where the men buy the girlies gifts. Traditionally it is marshmallows but now that the westernization of Japan is slowly happening in some traditional aspects, lingerie and whatnot (disgusting) is the favourite puchase.

Culture lesson over. Off to Ishikawa on Saturday night with Neil. It's a 6 hour drive so we are leaving 1-2am to get there for dawn. Should be good day's birding. By the way, my budding career in photojournalism is taking shape. My article is published and for public consumption. It's going down very well so I am well chuffed. I still haven't seen it though.

Am off to bed now. Have a good weekend and I'll see you soon....

Carmo's Diet: this week, I have mostly been eating chocolate...the travesty

Carmo's Birds: being edited

Carmo's Bird for Byrdy: Grace Kelly...simply beautiful

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
Now an adult Audouin's Gull reported in Belfast today! What the feck is going on up there??
1st-w Ringer the best at de Lough, though...we can't compete at all this winter!
H

February 18, 2006 2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,

Excellent article in Wings and some great photos - esp the BH Bunting...

Kazakhstan's about as far east as I've gotten..you've got me thinking!

A Dub you ain't met.

February 20, 2006 8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmo,
did you get any lingerie?
Bet it looked nice on ya!

Another laugher at the lough yesterday.
Im sure ya will get one some day!

Pariah

February 20, 2006 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

speeky spanni senor?
yo fella - back in de hoose after our week on tenerife - good fun although the bad back and 12 hours of food poisoning dampened things a small bit! Still, 4 lifers (bolle's & laurel pig, tenerife goldcrest & blue chaff!) and 30 sp so i was happy.

is it too early to go looking for migs yet?

February 20, 2006 11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe,
Whats this secret meeting all about? Sounds intriguing....

February 21, 2006 5:47 AM  
Blogger Carmo said...

H, just saw that God and St. Peter have seen "the" gull and do not think it is an Audouin's. It did look funny, not quite right. Nothing like the birds I have seen in Europe. Ah well, the first Irish record was in Cobh anyway so whaddya goin to do!!??

Anonymous, glad you enjoyed the article and that it may inspire you to come over here to bird. If you do, i'll be more than willing to help out...who ever you are!!

P, the lingerie was nice, just didn't quite fit my rather broad shoulders..you know the way.

Barty, nice wan on the tickability of the holiday! have not seen the chaffer, goldcrest, or pigs there for that matter. I was on Lanzarote biy! Hope all's well at home. Was getting worried when I didn't hear from you!

Cilla, honey, how are you? All will be revealed, as soon as I have time to write on the blog, with photos, you will see...oh yes, you will see. More to come on Saturday!! Hope you're well babes, I'll mail you during the week...

February 21, 2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger Carmo said...

Oh and Pariah, you can shag off with yer Laugher biy!! I'll get one yet!

February 21, 2006 9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,
Yeah, saw that on de IBN alright, a real kick in the balls and no mistake! Packing up my bins now and taking up something less challenging, like micro-moth ID.
I did think that the grey underparts were odd compared with birds that I had seen also, but it just looked so good for Audouin's otherwise, and God seemed to think so based on the pics...obviously field views have convinced him otherwise....
H

February 21, 2006 10:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bill always niggled me a bit.
As i have said to a few people it looked "stubby" and the yellow was far too extensive looking...ive never seen audys with that much yellow on the bill tip.
I dont know what that guy was on about in regards to the eye size and position....looks very close to the bird on my website.
But something about the Muzzle of the bird was wrong looking.
With any luck there will be better pics coming forward and we can decide for ourselves and not take false gods words for it!

Pariah

February 22, 2006 12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and had the Lough Laugher walking round my feet today!class!

February 22, 2006 12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally off the point here...haven't been to the lough in ...well donkeys...but question: Can you get Extra Olive Oil over there? Have bought the goods..but can you find ingredients to compliment the delicacies????? ..canned tomato..black olives...cream....??

un bacio,

g
xx

ps. found great serum for that baggage..courtesy of a certain model sister of a friend...maybe I can have a word with her for you if you are lucky!!

February 22, 2006 2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sean C sent me on his pics of the lough haha gull there.
Class bird.
See my blog!
This is possibly my 9th laugher, if it is a different bird from the first year i had over ucc in january.

Pariah

February 22, 2006 8:18 PM  
Blogger Carmo said...

Pariah, you're a langer but fair play alround. Hopefully the laugher will stay around until Christmas!!

G, if that model sister of a friend of yours (is she still single by the way? Ema likes me, set it up, hahaa) can personally deliver the serum for my baggage, I would greatly appreciate it :) As regards your bloody fresh italian pasta, bought in some nice Italian market in Italy somewhere (I forgot where you are now), you can have it all!!! Keep some for me though..it sounds only fabulous...oh for some decent cooked food. I can only imagine now....ahaahhhhhhhhhh

February 22, 2006 10:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G.
fafancoulo bruto stronza!;)
Sounds like good grub ok.
Was recently taught to make divine tiramisu by and italian ladyfriend.
NYOM NYOM NYOM! Bring on the good food thread again!

Carmo....wheres the bird post man!
You are killing us here!
Pariah

February 22, 2006 11:45 PM  
Blogger Carmo said...

P, it's coming, patience is a dish best served cold. Does that make sense or has my brain atrophied....when the pics are done, I'll post. they're not done but hopefully this weekend....

February 23, 2006 12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,
stumbled on your blog today has been awhile sounds like an amazin place, love the piccys and poetry agree with Grace Kelly the most beautiful women.... S'pose u heard me and A got engaged (I know I'm nuts) so u gonna have 2 make it bac 2 somewhere in Europe 4 an ol' party won't be 4 awhile thou..Anyhow will keep an eye on the blog, hope your happy take care Lorr

February 23, 2006 2:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jeez - congrats there L & A - thats great news, though rumour has it A is gonna have a crack off the Tory Island year list next year so he might be away a bit!

February 23, 2006 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed congratulations L & A!!
You will be a birding widow tho!;)

Pariah

February 23, 2006 9:10 PM  
Blogger Carmo said...

Hi Lorr, I heard a rumour from Capt Ahab but haven't heard from his good self in a while. Congratulations to you both! I am delighted. I hear Tory Island is a lovely place for a honeymoon...I hope you are well in Engerland and that you are looking forward to college again. All good here, no new complaints anyway!! I will talk to you soon.

February 23, 2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, coach purses, burberry outlet, true religion jeans, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses cheap, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton outlet, gucci outlet, longchamp outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, polo ralph lauren outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany and co, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, tiffany and co, louboutin, coach factory outlet, air max, christian louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, oakley sunglasses, coach outlet store online, nike free, oakley sunglasses, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet stores, air max, nike shoes, coach outlet, louboutin, louis vuitton handbags

November 14, 2014 9:25 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

birkin bag, longchamp, canada goose outlet, insanity workout, moncler, giuseppe zanotti, uggs outlet, reebok outlet, north face outlet, north face jackets, babyliss pro, ugg australia, ugg boots, nike huarache, nfl jerseys, new balance shoes, beats by dre, ugg pas cher, canada goose, p90x, chi flat iron, jimmy choo outlet, mcm handbags, canada goose, vans shoes, ugg boots, mac cosmetics, nike roshe run, mont blanc, canada goose, marc jacobs, valentino shoes, ghd, wedding dresses, abercrombie and fitch, ferragamo shoes, herve leger, celine handbags, canada goose uk, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, asics running shoes, canada goose jackets, bottega veneta, ugg, rolex watches, instyler, soccer jerseys, hollister

November 14, 2014 9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home